Thursday, August 27, 2015

Welcome Baby Jude!


Early on the morning of January 26, 2015, Tyler and I drove to the Women's and Children's Hospital at Centennial Medical Center to deliver Jude. I remember the ride there and we were much less anxious than when Max was born; mostly we were just very excited to meet our new baby boy. 


I loved every bit of our experience at Centennial because all my friends and coworkers took care of us. Kristen was my CRNA and gave me a fabulous spinal. Carmen was my L&D nurse. Both of them  took such good care of me and made the OR experience so much fun and not scary at all! 


I was a 7:30 scheduled c-section and Dr. Bellardo delivered Jude at 7:48am. He weighed 6 lbs and 12 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. I remember when they wrapped Jude up and I held him for the first time on the OR table. For some reason, I just assumed he would look just like Max, but he didn't. Such a sweet baby and I love that Tyler captured this moment of me holding him for the first time.



My sweet friend, Ashlee, was Jude's nurse and she took such good care of him! I loved that all my friends took care of us!


Daddy checking Jude out


Tyler holding Jude for the first time.


First family photo together


Taking a snooze after all the excitement of being born


Ten little fingers...


...ten little toes




Snuggle time

Tyler, Jude, and I had some alone time for the first 4 hours after he was born. We knew it would get a little crazy after that, so we made sure we had some sweet bonding time with him first.


We wanted to make sure Max didn't feel left out or sad, so we sent the baby to the nursery right before he arrived. When Max entered the room, he crawled in my lap and we snuggled for a few minutes. He brought his new "big brother bear" with him...


...Then we had Jude brought to the room and we introduced Max to him. He was very sweet to him and I could tell he was trying to figure out what in the world was going on. 


We had gifts wrapped for both boys so they could exchange them at the hospital. Jude got Max a big brother book, some candy, and a BayMax costume. 


Max got Jude a frog wub-a-nub. This was the perfect gift from Max because Max loved his paci so much for the first 2 years of his life. 


Family of Four!


Max absolutely loved the BayMax costume and insisted upon wearing it the rest of the afternoon. He even showed the nurses.


Mimi and Jude


Pal and Jude


Grandchild #3!


Dede, Pop and Jude


Grandchild #8!


Uncle Eric and Jude


Chelsea, Tressa Kate, Uncle Eric, and Jude


Having a little fun while Jude gets his first bath


Ashlee bathed him in the room with us so Tyler could take some pictures.



All clean!


Michelle and Annette

I had a constant flow of friends, nurses, physicians, and administrators coming to visit while we were there. They definitely took amazing care of both of us and I honestly could not have asked for better care. They made our "baby story" a dream experience and we are so thankful for that. 


I miss my work friends so much!


Philip and Nick came to visit and hang out for a while.




After everybody went home, we just snuggled and bonded and I loved every minute of it.


Allison also visited us during our stay and we introduced Miller to baby Jude. We hope they will be great friends just like Walker and Max.


Meg came to visit too and brought us lunch.


Our last night in the hospital, Tyler went home to hang out with Max and put him to bed. He took him to school the next morning and then came to pick me up and take us home. Since Jude and I were all alone the night before we left, we decided to have a little impromptu photo session...


You're my who?




We couldn't have been more thankful that my friends took care of us during our stay! It was an amazing experience and I miss these girls so much!


All ready to go home and begin our life together as a family of four


Ready for his first car ride

1 comment: