Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Fun at the Park and WALKING!


Fall is my favorite time of year, and October, in particular, is my favorite month. The weather is perfect,  the leaves are beautiful and there are so many fun family things to do. Max and I decided to take a trip to the park by ourselves last week just to play in the leaves and walk around the park and enjoy the gorgeous weather. I took my camera along and we had a little photo shoot. 

By the way, I forgot to mention that Max started walking on October 22. He waited until he was 15 months old to do it, but once he decided he was ready, there has been no more crawling. I think he's definitely going to have a "Type A" personality. He completely refused to practice walking with us. Instead, he wanted to wait until he was absolutely sure he could do it on his own, and do it well before he tried it. Last Monday he transferred between two chairs and took 2 steps on his own. Then I said, "Max, when are you going to start walking?" I told him to stand up and he did. Then he took 6 steps on his own. Then 6 more, then 10, and off he went. He was so excited and proud himself that he practiced walking all day. Once he started, he was done with crawling. I guess all I had to do was ask.

So, Max was really excited to walk all around the park by himself and play in the leaves. We made piles of leaves and he rolled around in them and had a blast. I wish I could remember being this young and being so amazed at all the simple things in life. What fun it would be to remember seeing so many new things everyday. We had so much fun at the park enjoying the spectacular weather and each other's company. He even cried when we left because he was having so much fun. What a special day!











No comments:

Post a Comment