Thursday, August 4, 2011

1 Month Old and More Drama

Daddy snuggle time
1 month old and lookin' handsome!

Max turned 1 month old on Tuesday and we planned on having a really nice day. We got up early, had a nice morning and then decided to take our first stroller walk through the neighborhood together. He loved it and slept the whole time. We were only gone for an hour, and when we got back home, I noticed something wasn't right in our house. WE HAD BEEN ROBBED! While we went on our walk, someone broke in our house and stole all of my jewelry. They took everything including my wedding rings and the ring Tyler bought me as a "push present." There are a lot of sentimental pieces that we can never replace that they took as well as all my everyday jewelry. Someone obviously watched me leave the house and then just let themselves in and filled their pockets. I can't believe it happened, but at least they only took jewelry. They didn't take anything else like electronics, cash, my purse, etc even though they had an opportunity to do so. We filed a report and are hoping the police will come up with some fingerprints. Tyler and I have to go to the police station next week to give them our fingerprints in case they come up with any on any of the evidence they confiscated. What a hassle! It would be really nice to just have a normal week with our new baby, but it seems we are pretty prone to drama.

"I didn't steal your stuff, Mom. I don't even have any pockets!"

2 comments:

  1. Amy! That makes me so angry, i can't believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am so sorry that this has happened. It is horrible that there are people out there that would do such a thing. I will be praying for a good outcome. I hope that you will be able to find your wedding ring and your "push present." I know how valueable those items can be, regardless of the actual monetary value.

    ReplyDelete